Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

What's in My Purse

This post is TOTALLY unrelated to polish and COMPLETELY related to plain old fun! Thanks to Allison at I Am Definitely Addicted for tagging me. Here's how this works: empty your purse, answer the questions and tag five other bloggers who might want to play, too. And away we go!
Here is my purse:

Here is the stuff that was in my purse: 1. Where did you get your purse, and how long have you had it? I got my purse from my fantabulous Mom about two years ago, I think. She bought it at Century 21, where she works, which is an AMAZING store in NY.

2. What are 3 must-haves (not including keys and wallet) in your purse? 1. my phone (which I rarely use to make calls. I'm a big texter though.) 2. my day planner (in which I write down everything even remotely interesting that I do each day. I've done this for about 10 years.) 3. my ruby stone nail file. Duh! ;)

3. What is something that you should have in your purse right now, but don't? Tissues. It's actually quite rare for me not to have tissues in my purse.

4. What is the thing you have the most of in your purse right now? Coupons! LOL

5. Is there something in your purse you should explain? I got the little Gumby last year when visiting my mom in NY. We were actually on an overnight trip to Mystic Connecticut and got him in a cute little funky gift shop. My mom has called me Pokie for years so I actually wanted a mini Pokey (Gumby's horse pal) but they didn't have any. Inspired by a friend who used to have a Creature from the Black Lagoon toy that she photographed in various locations, I decided that Gumby would be that sort of pal for me. I keep him in my purse all the time but usually forget he's there so he hasn't been photographed in as many interesting places as I'd hoped. A sad footnote to this story - my friend lost her creature toy and hasn't been able to find another one since. :(

I hate singling out folks to tag so if you're reading this, I tag YOU! I'd love to see what you have in your purses. :)

3 comments:

Definitely Addicted said...

Cuuute! I thought people had forgotten about Gumby and Pokey. I love them!

Jeanie said...

Love it...it's so amazing we all carry so many of the same things, but then to see whats different...I'm like, oh yeah I could use that!

Kari said...

Aw, thanks, girls! It is funny, isn't it, Jeanie? I love reading posts like these. It's fun to get to know a little bit more about each other in this way.