Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My First Ombre

Hello, kittens! Happy June! Today features me jumping on another nail trend, the ombre mani. To the best of my knowledge, an ombre is like a skittle mani but features all shades in one color graduating from lighter to darker (or vice-versa). Of course, I decided to try it in blue, quelle surprise. ;) For this mani I used Essence Denim Wanted in My Boyfriend's Jeans (thumb), Sally Hansen Blue Me Away (index), Zoya Breezi (middle), Zoya Yummy (ring) and a light blue franken I whipped up (pinky). Though, in retrospect, I wish I had reversed the order of Blue Me Away and Breezi, I'm pretty happy with the look, otherwise. This just goes to show that it's not a bad idea to swatch your colors onto a piece of paper before applying your polish to make sure you're happy with the color order (a lesson I certainly learned). I applied a base of Duri Rejuvacote followed by two coats of each color. I will eventually apply a top coat, too (hopefully before they chip) but haven't yet because I'm too lazy, lol.
Here's another look: If you've followed me for a while, you're aware that I am madly in love with the color sky blue so you can bet I'll be wearing this mani again, perhaps with a few tweaks, in the future. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks cute. You could also swatch on a piece of scotch tape.

Lunachat said...

Tell me more about this Franken? It looks like the perfect base to pair with Lippmann's glitter in the air!

Kari said...

Ooh yeah, scotch tape would be good, too. A salesgirl at Sally's suggested that once and I didn't even think to do that. ;)

Basically, the franken was my Sinful Colors Snow Me the White mixed with some Zoya Breezi and a bit of NYC Super Shiny Top Coat. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the exact proportions of each. :(

Anonymous said...

I need to try this.... Looks good on.