Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pedi in Blue

I'm a little behind on this one, sorry, but this is the pedi I got on my last full day in NY (last Monday, to be exact). My mom and I were trying to think of something fun to do and she kept commenting on the sorry state of her nails. I had just gotten a mani a few days prior with a friend (click HERE if you'd like to see it) so my fingernails were still looking good. Finally, she said a mani would be fun and I said I could definitely use a pedi and away we went. I hadn't had a pedi in at least two or three years (I mean, that someone else did for me. Of course, I polish my own toenails often and do the other "foot pampering" stuff from time to time, though not nearly often enough) and wow, I had forgotten what a lovely experience it is. Sitting back in a big comfy chair while SOMEONE ELSE scrubs my feet, tends to my unruly cuticles and, of course, applies polish, is a fabulous treat, especially with all the wear and tear my feet get being almost constantly in flip flops here in Florida. Choosing my polish color was fun, too, as the salon mostly had Essie and OPI colors to choose from. I only own one Essie color and three OPIs and three of those were contest/giveaway prizes and the last was a gift from my mom. After close examination, I finally settled on OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue. Though the color looked almost sparkly in the bottle, it isn't, but it is a gorgeous deep blue shimmer, as you can see below. (Sorry for the weirdness on my second toe. I shave my feet and I think that was the remnants of a shaving nick.) I can't comment on the ease of application as I didn't apply it myself but it certainly looked opaque and shiny after the manicurist applied a base, two coats of color and a top coat (base and top coat brands unknown. They were in unmarked bottles.) I wish I owned this color but as I have placed myself on a strict no-buy for the foreseeable future (more about that, later) I won't, at least for the time being. Oh, I do have to share, the photo was taken with my bare foot on my mom's front lawn (the front yard of the house I grew up in and lived in for the first 30 years of my life) and boy, oh boy, was it nice to stand barefoot in that grass, again. I don't walk barefoot in the grass at my apartment here in Florida for fear of ending up in an ant hill (they're plentiful) or stuff left behind by the landscapers. Plus, I have yet to see piles of clovers here like there are at "home." Sometimes, it's the simple things.

4 comments:

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

Yo-Ga Ta Get This Blue is one of my favorite blues ever! It's so pretty!

Kari said...

If I wasn't on a self-imposed polish no-buy right now, I'd be searching for it, that's for sure. It's such a great color!

Painting Rainbows said...

Hehe love the clovers in the pic. I like posting my pedis too.

Kari said...

Hee hee, thanks, sweetie. I miss those clovers.