Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's a Brainstorm - Kari Cares

I just wanted to share my new idea with all of you. Inspired by my new polish friend George's comment in a polish forum about a great organization called Teal Toes, who's goal is to raise awareness about ovarian cancer, I've decided to challenge myself to do at least one mani and/or pedi a month to raise awareness for a cause that is important to me. I will be calling my humble effort "Kari Cares." Since I am still wearing my LGBT rainbow skittle mani, I hereby proclaim June 2011 as the launch of this new campaign of mine. It may be a small thing to do but if it makes even one person think about these causes, I feel like it will make a difference, not to mention, it will be fun, too. I'm really excited about this! I've amassed quite a polish collection in the past six months (to put this in perspective, I started out with about 10 polishes in my collection this January) and I'm eager to play with the untrieds in my stash and this will help motivate me to do so. So yay to new ideas! I can't wait to share this mini-adventure with all of you!

6 comments:

Geo58 said...

You sure you have the right George? No way! I mean this is amazing, your the amazing ones, What can I say, I am deeply honored and hope that the funds raised will help to fight the battle and raise more awareness of this "silent killer" of woman. Ovarian cancer. I am speechless and wow it is a brainstorm, you are all wonderful...

I love you all, xoxoxox

George Stamas :)

Kari said...

Thank YOU for inspiring me. If this chain of goodness that you've started continues to spread, just think of the difference we can make. :)

Jeanie said...

Love it Kari! We all need to do this, maybe a link in our facebook group?

Natalie said...

I don't think I have anything teal in my polish wardrobe, but I would love to take part! My toe nails are not photogenic though.

Teal Toes said...

Awesome! September for Teal Toes? September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in the US and Canada.

(thanks, George!)

Kari said...

Sounds like a plan! :)