Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Review - Part One of Three

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I was really excited when I first heard about this collection. I was born in, gasp, 1973, thus the bulk of my "formative" childhood years were in the '80s and, really, what's more '80s than neon? As we all know, everything old is new again and it's just a matter of time before all trends find their resurgence. The impression that I'm getting is that 2012 is the summer of neon, at least in terms of polish. So, without further ado, I present the *China Glaze Summer Neon collection.

Since there are 12 colors in this collection and, as always, I wanted to get them all swatched for you as quickly as possible, I broke them down into three subsections. I began with five "pinks". Here are the pics:
From thumb to pinky: Beach Cruise-r, Love's a Beach, Hang-Ten Toes, Flirty Tankini and Pink Plumeria, two coats, shot indoors, with flash.

Outdoors, in sun.

Outdoors, in shade.

Each of these five shades had awesome formulas and were very easy to apply.  They all dried really quickly too, yay!  However, they had varying depths of opacity, as you can probably see in the pics.  Beach Cruise-r was like a dream, opaque and lovely in two coats.    In terms of opacity, Love's a Beach and Hang-Ten Toes were also good to go in two coats, though not quite as opaque as Beach Cruise-r.  Flirty Tankini and Pink Plumeria would have probably benefited from a third coat, which is most apparent in the shady shot.  China Glaze describes Beach Cruise-r as "Glimmering fuchsia grape", Love's a Beach as "Sizzling hot pink", Hang-Ten Toes as "Bubblegum neon with iridescent purple shimmer", Flirty Tankini as "Shimmering strawberry smoothie pink" and Pink Plumeria as "Light pink with gold shimmer."  I'll let you decide for yourselves if you think those descriptions are accurate based on the pics.  Of this set of five, my favorites are Beach Cruise-r and Love's a Beach.  

I'll be back tomorrow with the next five colors in this collection.  Here's a hint, I do love my rainbow skittles.  

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

xoxo,
K

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

No comments: