Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Review - Part Three of Three

Hola!  Today I'd like to share the remaining two colors in the China Glaze Summer Neons collection.  They are *Ride the Waves and *Under the Boardwalk.  To be honest, I hadn't planned to leave these two until last but it sort of worked out serendipitously.  The first five I swatched were "the pinks" and the second five were "the rainbow skittles" and, as it happens, the final two turned out to be the "cream/jellies."  Here come the pics:
Ride the Waves: Thumb, Middle Finger and Pinky and Under the Boardwalk: Index and Ring Finger, two coats, shot indoors, with flash.

Outdoors, in sun.

Outdoors, in shade.

China Glaze describes Ride the Waves as "Dark ocean blue" and Under the Boardwalk as "Fluorescent Raspberry".  While those terms are accurate, they only begin to describe these awesome shades.  They are not quite creams, leaving slight vnl after two coats, but they are not, by any means, sheer, either.  They definitely have "jelly-esque" qualities and I really love them both.  They had a slightly thicker formula than the other polishes in this collection but weren't too difficult to work with.  I just think they are both fabulous colors.  

Overall, I was really pleased with this collection.  The standouts, for me, were Beach Cruise-r, Love's a Beach, Surfin' for Boys, Splish Splash, Ride the Waves and Under the Boardwalk.  If you'd like to see my complete reviews of the other ten colors in the collection, please click HERE  for "the pinks" and HERE for the "rainbow skittles."

As always, thanks for reading.  I adore you all!

xoxo,
K

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

No comments: