Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Zoya - Brooklyn and Monet

Today I am featuring two of Zoya's new spring polishes, Brooklyn and Monet.  First up, a pic of Brooklyn:

Two coats of Brooklyn

Brooklyn is part of Zoya's Awaken collection for Spring 2014.  It is a shimmery metallic, almost buttery in color.  Sadly, as you can see, brush strokes were readily visible with this one.  Otherwise, it's a really pretty color but it's hard for me to not be bummed by the brush stroke thing.  I added an accent nail of Monet on my ring finger.
One coat of Monet added to ring finger

As you can see, I had to show my right hand in this shot as Monet applied horribly on my left hand and, unfortunately, not much better on my right.  In theory, this polish sounded AMAZING, an almost translucent holographic topper?  YUM!  Unfortunately, this polish was EXTREMELY thick and very challenging to work with.  The glitter did not disperse evenly, despite my best intentions, and it just didn't lay the way that I had hoped it would.  Perhaps this polish could benefit from some thinner but since I don't currently own any, it will languish until I can get my hands on some.

Brooklyn is available at Zoya.com for $9 and Monet for $10.

These polishes were provided to me for my honest review and consideration.  Please see my disclosure tab for more information. 

No comments: