Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Salon Perfect - Blooming with Color Review

I was excited to receive fourteen Salon Perfect Blooming with Color polishes to review for you.  To be honest, I had never heard of this brand before receiving their press release earlier this month.  Click HERE to read the press release, if you wish.  Today I will be reviewing the eleven cream colors.  Let's get right to the pics:
From left to right: *Spicy Tomato, *Tangy Tangerine, *Lemon Zing, *Sour Apples, *Kiwi Lime, *Perfectly Peach

From left to right: *Blue Raspberry, *Berry Blue, *Purple Sorbet, *Lavender Icing, *Blue Mint

Two coats of each from thumb to pinky: Kiwi Lime, Sour Apples, Lemon Zing (dotted with one coat of Perfectly Peach), Tangy Tangerine and Spicy Tomato, shot indoors, with flash

Two coats of each from pinky to thumb: Blue Mint, Lavender Icing, Purple Sorbet, Berry Blue, Blue Raspberry, shot indoors, with flash

Okay, here's the scoop.  The formulas on these were, for the most part, pretty thin and easy to work with.  Most provided even opaque coverage in two coats.  However, a few were a bit patchy even after two coats and were a little more challenging to work with, specifically Kiwi Lime and Lavender Icing.  As far as colors go, nothing groundbreaking here but, to be fair, I currently have upwards of 500 polishes in my stash so it's rare to find a cream, in particular, that truly surprises me these days.  However, this is NOT to say that there aren't some great colors here and with the price point of $2.98, these provide a great affordable opportunity for someone just starting out in collecting polish or looking to fill in holes in their collection to do so rather inexpensively.  Overall, my favorites as far as ease of application and opacity are Sour Apples, Blue Raspberry and Purple Sorbet.  Actually, I'd also have to add Perfectly Peach.  Even though I only used it for dotting, it provided awesome color with just one coat.  My least favorites are Kiwi Lime and Lavender Icing, not because of their color but just because their particular formulas gave me the hardest time.  These polishes will be available in 1700 Walmart locations across the U.S. in May.

If you pick these up, do let me know your thoughts.  I'll be back soon with the remaining three colors.  Hint hint, they're shimmers.

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

**Update: I removed these polishes today, April 22, and had to let you know that Sour Apples and Blue Raspberry stained my nails badly.  Just an FYI.

No comments: