Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Jesse's Girl - Glee

Okay, I have to admit something.  I have entirely too many untried polishes in my collection.  This was, sadly, one of them for far too long.  However, in honor of the triumphant return of Glee (I hope they tell us what happened to Quinn.  That was quite a cliffhanger) I present you with Jesse's Girl in Glee.

I purchased this polish almost a year ago while visiting my mother in New York.  Unfortunately there are no Rite Aids in the entire state of Florida and as far as I know they are the only store that sells this particular brand.  Anywho, without further ado, I present Glee:
Two coats, outdoors, no flash.

Two coats, indoors, with flash.

To make this clear to anyone who is not already aware, I L-O-V-E blue and L-O-V-E smooth glitters.  Can you guess how I feel about this polish?  That's right...epic win!  It applied really smoothly and easily.  This was two fairly thin coats and it was reasonably opaque with just a wee bit of vnl in natural light.  I've been told that this color is a fair dupe for Zoya Charla and China Glaze Atlantic, among others (I have both of those colors aw well but have not done swatch comparisons yet) and at only $1.99, it is certainly the least expensive of the three.  Honestly, I am glad I have them all but for someone who is not as blue obsessed as I am, this would be a great option to go with.  I purchased two other Jesse's Girl polishes on that trip and will definitely try to get them swatched for you, soon.  Though I must admit, the name definitely drew me in and I do have, if not dupes, very similar colors in my collection, I am seriously glad I own this polish. Now, if only they would build some Rite Aids in Florida...

No comments: