Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Featured Franken - Red Skies at Night

Here's something a little different for you.  I've been frankening my little heart out, lately, and I was pretty proud of one of my creations.  I call it Red Skies at Night.  80s music-loving folks, yes, I have that song in my head now, too.  Here are some pics for you:
Here it is, one coat, layered over one coat of Wet n Wild's Black Creme, indoors, with flash.

Outdoors, without flash.

Here's where I started, one coat of Wet n' Wild Black Creme.

One coat of Red Skies at Night over one layer of Black Creme, thumb only.

It is not often that I REALLY love one of my frankens but I was particularly proud of this one.  It definitely works best when layered, as shown here.  Worn alone (as I tried it on my nail wheel), it has a grey jellyish appearance after three coats and is quite sheer.  However, when layered, it's a knockout!

Hope you enjoyed this post.  Please let me know if you'd enjoy seeing more frankens in the future.  

2 comments:

Laurie said...

OMG! Red skies at night oh oh!! I loved that song by The Fixx! I like this franken too, it reminds me of sparkling lava when the sun picks up the red

Kari said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one who still loves 80s tunes. ;) I'm so glad you like the franken, too. :)