Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Charla's Angel

Wah wah wah. Yeah, I kill me. Anyway, I would be THRILLED to be one of Charla's Angels, were such a group to exist. This, my lovelies, is the amazing Zoya Charla. When I placed my very first Zoya order back in January, one of the colors that folks seemed to rave about the most was this very one. Not being a HUGE fan of sparkles and glitter (or so I thought), I held off on ordering this one, despite the fact that it's the most stunning aqua/teal color. Fortunately, when I won several (actually, MANY) polishes from a friend's Youtube giveaway, I learned the error of my ways.

Though this is, in my opinion, a three-coater to achieve opacity (even though you can see a bit of vnl in my pic), it is beyond stunning. I've heard many bloggers and fans of this color liken it to mermaid scales and I couldn't agree more. It really is a showstopper that even my husband can't stop admiring. I must add, this polish does not give even the slightest hint of a rough or gritty feel to your nail, even without top coat, which I'm not wearing in this pic. (I got a little lazy. This is also a shot three days after I first applied the color.) Though Tallulah still has my heart as my favorite Zoya to date, Charla is definitely a VERY close second.

No comments: