Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Autism Awareness Month


To show my support for Autism Awareness month, I have chosen to unite with many other polish bloggers and paint my nails blue. Specifically, I used Essie's One Day Without Blues. TOMS Shoes, wishing to raise awareness for their "One Day Without Shoes" campaign, united with Essie to offer this polish to 5000 randomly selected fans, free of charge, and I was one of the lucky ones chosen. TOMS has a "One for One" project through which they donate a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair they sell. Every once in a while, the stars align in the right way and I think that my receiving this color, considering how much I ADORE blue, at this particular time to show my support for both of these wonderful causes, was perfect kismet. I applied two coats and couldn't be more pleased with this beautiful color, especially at such a meaningful time. A friend's son was recently diagnosed with autism and I have other friends with autistic children as well. Anything that brings more attention to this issue is fantastic with me. Thanks to TOMS and Essie for the lovely polish.

No comments: