Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Zoya Ornate Collection - Part One

Meow, kittens!  First off, I am SO sorry for the delay in getting this collection swatched and reviewed for you.  It has been a rather crazy few months for me and I spent six weeks in New York while these little lovelies languished here at my apartment in Florida.  I returned to FL accompanied by my mother on her nine day vacation and time got away from me so, yeah, without further ado, I proudly present the first of six colors in the amazing Zoya Ornate Collection, *Storm.  For the following pics, I used a base coat and two coats of Storm.
Shot indoors, under a lamp

Shot outdoors, out of direct sun

Shot in my car, under direct sun

This color, as has always been my experience with Zoya, applied like a dream.  It dried smooth to the touch,  a definite plus.  I'm going to be honest, I applied this color pretty much directly under a light bulb, so the holo effect blew me away, just a glorious rainbow.  However, when I left that direct light, the polish tended to read more like an ordinary silver glitter.  This tends to be the case with most holo glitters but it did bum me out slightly since it started out with a *bang*.  The first picture reflects my original impression, the second the "meh" silver glitter-y look (actually, that's a bit unfair.  It was still a lot prettier than many traditional silver glitters I've tried.)  But in my car, with the bright sunlight streaming in my window, it was back, the amazing holo I loved so much.  This color also has some amazing staying power.  I swatched on Wednesday and took the third pic yesterday, Friday, and there was not one chip.  (Of course, now that I said that...)  This is all without top coat, too.

Overall, this color is AMAZING under artificial light or in direct sun and is still awfully pretty, though less impressive, indoors or in shade.  VERY glad to have it in my collection!

Stay tuned, the remaining five shades in this collection will be featured in upcoming posts.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by!

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

No comments: