Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Zoya Gloss Collection - Swatches and Review!

Hi ho, kittens!  Today, I'd like to share the hot off the presses *Zoya Gloss Collection, one of Zoya's three new collections for the fall.  This collection is comprised of three beautiful jellies which is REALLY exciting for me as I own very few "jelly-ish" polishes and, having now tried these three, I'd say they are my first TRUE jellies.  Here's a peek:
Two coats of each: Paloma on thumb and ring finger, Frida on index and pinky fingers and Katherine on middle finger.  Shot without flash.

Again, with flash.

The three lovelies in this collection are Paloma, a raspberry jelly, Frida, a teal jelly and Katherine, a grape jelly but one I actually liken more to grape soda.  Each had a nice, thin, very easy to work with formula, dried quickly and shined like crazy.  (I used two coats without top or base coat.)  Though none were opaque in two coats, they weren't designed to be.  These babies were made to be layered.  They would be outstanding for jelly sandwiches which, if you're not familiar with the term, means using a coat of jelly polish before and after a coat of glitter so that it almost looks like the glitter particles are "floating" or "swimming" in the jelly color.  I absolutely expected Frida to be my favorite as I am almost always partial to blues and greens but, quelle surprise, my favorite was pretty in pink Paloma.   It just seems that Paloma had the best opacity in two coats.  However, each of these colors "spoke" to me in different ways.  As I said, Katherine reminds me of grape soda, which reminds me of the movie Up, which I absolutely adored so I can't help but smile when I look at it.  Frida, being a teal, also has a place in my heart.  But, again, Paloma was the all-around standout for me.  

What do you think of these colors and jellies in general?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Also, stay tuned, the remaining two Zoya fall collections, Diva and Designer, will be coming soon!

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

3 comments:

HollyG222 said...

Beautiful....I love the Gloss set they are true Jellies

NeeLai said...

jelly polishes is perfect to make hologram effect polish, :)
by the way i am having a BLOG SALE now. You can check it sweetie :)

LuvMyLacquer said...

I think these are all so pretty! I can't wait to try jelly sandwiches with them!