Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Zoya Diva Collection - Swatches and Review!

I'm excited to share with you the Zoya *Diva Collection.  This collection is comprised of six metallic polishes but I sort of consider it two collections in one, as there are four jewel-toned shades and two that are unique unto themselves.  Let me get to the pics so you can see what I mean.
Two coats of each.  Elisa on thumb, Ray on index, Song on middle, Suri on ring. Shot indoors, with flash.

Outdoors, in sun.

Outdoors, in shade.

Like I said, these four metallics look jewel-toned to me.  Elisa is a lovely ruby red, Ray a deep emerald, Song a stunning sapphire and Suri a pretty amethyst.  They all applied like a dream with Zoya's usual great formula and each had a TON of shine.  I did not use either base or top coat in these pics, only two coats of color.  Just a bit of advice, use a base coat, at the very least, as Song did stain a tad after removal.  However, despite the staining, Song is my favorite of these four shades, not only because it's blue but it also had the most sparkle.  

Now, as I mentioned, I consider the two remaining colors in this collection almost a mini collection of their own and hopefully the pics will help explain why.  Here they come:

Thumb: FeiFei (one coat), Index: Daul (one coat), Middle: FeiFei (two coats), Ring: Daul (two coats), Pinky: FeiFei (three coats).  Shot indoors, with flash.

Outdoors, in sun.

Outdoors, in shade.

After one coat, I kind of considered these "Glitter Jelly" polishes.  They had the sheer, buildable quality of a jelly but were chock full of super fine glitter.  However, after the second coat, at which time I achieved near opacity, I sort of threw out the "jelly" thoughts.  By the third coat, as seen on my pinky, I had complete opacity.  These beautiful shades are totally buildable and I suspect would be lovely over the more opaque metallics in the collection or even the creams in the Designer collection (hold your horses, lol, they'll be featured soon).  I don't own either Zoya Crystal or Zoya Faye but I'd almost say that these two are like their sheerer cousins.  They are gorgeous, applied with ease and dried quickly.  Love, love, love these!

As I said, I will be featuring the Zoya Designer collection soon.  In summary though, I think the highlights of the Diva collection, for me, are Song and the very unique FeiFei and Daul.  

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xoxo,
K

*Disclosure: Where indicated by an asterisk, the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for review. Please click my disclosure tab for further information.

No comments: