Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

China Glaze - Seahorsin' Around and Tail Me Something

Dear readers, I have been the Mayor of Slackertown lately regarding posting and for that, I do apologize.  I will try to get back into the swing of things, starting with this post featuring two new lovelies from China Glaze, namely Seahorsin' Around and Tail Me Something.  Voila!
Two coats each of Seahorsin' Around (all but ring finger) and Tail Me Something (ring finger)

Yes, kids, more textured polishes, a trend I never expected to like but have actually grown quite fond of. Seahorsin' Around is a vibrant aqua and was opaque in two coats. Tail Me Something, a pretty light purple, was not quite opaque in two coats so I actually added a third after I took this photo.  I do so hate needing a third coat but these polishes applied easily and dried quickly so it was no biggie.  

The colors, especially Seahorsin', were great.  However, the wear time was not.  These were chipped, BADLY, by the very next day and once I took a shower, forget about it.  The polish was coming off some nails in huge chunks.  Seahorsin' was also a stainer, bummer.  

If you are willing to do a lot of patching and can put up with major chips, you're golden.  They really do look beautiful.  But know that there is some maintenance required to keep them looking good.

The polishes used in this post were provided to me for my honest review and consideration.  Please see my disclosure tab for further information.

No comments: