Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

China Glaze - Holiday Texture and Glitters

Today I'd like to share some polishes from China Glaze's holiday 2013 collections.  Four are from the Happy Holiglaze collection and one is from their Monsters Ball collection from Halloween.  Take a peek.
First up is a fun textured polish called Put a Bow on It. I used two coats on my thumb and I really love it. It dried quickly and had a great feel to it. On my index finger, I used two coats of Bells Will Be Blinging. It was a festive combo of smaller glitter chunks in green, blue and silver. It was my favorite of the glitters by far. On my middle finger is You Present Required which combines different shapes and sizes of multi-colored glitter. Again, I used two coats. It was a bit chunky for me and it was challenging to get the glitter evenly dispersed. I had much the same result with the next glitter, on my ring finger, Be Merry Be Bright.  This one was mostly dark blue and red and was also a bit difficult to work with and, as with the others, I used two coats. Last up, on my pinky, two coats of  Fang-tastic, from the Monsters Ball collection. The glitter was similar to Bells Will Be Blinging in size but was a wider variety of colors. This was the glitter I liked second best.

Overall, I'm just not thrilled with chunky glitters. I find them difficult to apply and endlessly frustrating to remove. Of these polishes, Put a Bow on It, Bells Will Be Blinging and Fang-tastic were my faves.

These polishes were provided to me for my honest consideration and review.

No comments: