Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Zoya Neeka...Finally!

Not to put too fine a point on it but for the past two years, I've been in an extremely difficult place, financially. I may have mentioned this in previous posts but basically, times were really tough and polish was (and still is) a luxury for me. So, I really didn't purchase too many, particularly in the past several months. But, fortunately, things are on the slightest of upswings for me now, thank God, and Zoya's Halloween promo (two free colors of your choice, pay only the shipping) came along at a wonderful time. My husband, who has been busting his butt to make our lives better, had a small victory and as a result, decided to treat me to two polishes as a part of this promo (which, coincidentally, coincided almost exactly with the 11 year anniversary of our love's beginning). Anyway, without further ado, here is one of the pretties I chose, Zoya Neeka.
Sadly, a new (better) camera won't be a purchase I can make any time soon (nor, I suspect, will my photography skills improve, I'm afraid) but, here, to the best of my ability, I have captured the lovely and unique Neeka. This is two coats of purple with golden shimmer loveliness. She is definitely unlike anything in my collection (and yes, by the way, I do refer to Zoya polishes, all named after women, as "shes") and I'm so happy to have her. Brian actually picked this one out but, I must admit, I would have had to have her, sooner or later, as I'm honored to say that she was named for a wonderful friend of mine who I was fortunate enough to meet through the Zoya facebook page (and subsequently got to know much better through several facebook polish groups). Like Neeka herself, this polish is a superstar and I'm so happy that she is FINALLY mine.

As always, thoughts are welcomed! Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

MShell said...

I completely understand polish being a luxury, as it is for me also......I am just glad your here blogging!! I guess when we finally do get a polish we have been wanting, it means something special!! Hope things get nothing but better for you both!! :). I dont yet own a Zoya, but the polish is beautiful!

Kari said...

Thank you, sweetheart. I truly appreciate your comment. I hope things get better for you, too! xoxo