Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kari Cares - Ovarian Cancer Awareness

Welcome to September which is, among other things, Ovarian Cancer Awareness month. I am proud to show my support for this worthy cause by joining many of my friends and fellow bloggers by wearing Diamond Cosmetics Don't Teal My Heart Away polish in support of the Teal Toes campaign (teal being the color for Ovarian Cancer Awareness). For more information on Teal Toes, you may click HERE to visit their facebook page. Here is a picture of the bottle, a gift from my generous friend, George, complete with teal ribbon on the neck.
I applied a base and top coat of Gelous and, in between, two coats of Don't Teal My Heart Away, as you can see here.
My intention is to keep my toes teal for the entire month of September. Aside from the cause being so important, this also happens to be a beautiful color, perfect for someone like me who adores blue and green. If this cause speaks to your heart, I'd love to hear stories of your teal toes, fingers, clothing or anything else you decide to "teal up" in support of this cause.

xoxo,
K

6 comments:

Geo58 said...

Wow Kari: That was powerful, love your toes and teal colored toe ring, so appropriate for this month. Pedi was done flawlessly, love it.

Love,

George :)

Teal Toes said...

Thank you!!

Natalie said...

I am lovin' the toe ring! So cute !

Kari said...

So proud to support such a worthy cause. :) I've actually had this toe ring for about 15 years and I just thought it would be cute with this pedi. ;)

beachgal said...

I won one of the Diamond Cosmetics Don' Teal My Heart Away thanks to a blog giveaway from Refined & Polished. All this made possible by George who used his own $ and purchased hundreds of bottles of this shade, distributing them to bloggers in hopes they would get the word out about Teal Toes and Sept Ovarian CA Awareness mo. I lost my mom to Ov. CA at her young age of 42. I will be sporting teal toes and lots of teal fashion all month long, handing out teal ribbons I have made to hand to folks and talk up what is not to date getting enough attention - that being Ovarian Cancer. We need to make Sept and teal as much of an awareness among folks as is pink and Oct for Breast CA.

Kari said...

Thank you for sharing your story, beachgal. I'm so very sorry for your loss. <3 You're right, Ovarian Cancer definitely does need to be spotlighted far more often and what you're doing will definitely make a big difference. George is a fantastic champion for the cause and a great friend, too. :)